Old October 5th 05, 07:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default New Fares

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:52 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article .com,
(Richard Adamfi) wrote:

Neil Williams wrote:

Cheaper fares on Oyster, not artificially and ridiculously
over-expensive ones on paper.

Of course, that would be better but we have already tried that strategy
this year. It would appear that many people are still paying the 2
pound cash single compared to the 1.70 Oyster fare. It is clear that a
bigger differential is needed to encourage Oyster use.

Why should I be expected to get an Oyster for just 7 single tube fares
so far this year?

Why not? My mother lives in Newcastle, but comes to London a few
times a year. She loves her Oyster card. It strikes me that a lot of
people seem to object to Oyster on some bizarre principle, and end up
cutting off their noses to spite their face. There was some woman
being interviewed on BBC London yesterday. "The likes of me don't have
an Oyster card," she said, "I think it's disgusting." FFS....
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/