Old October 5th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default New Fares

On 5 Oct 2005 11:01:04 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

As I see it the TOCs are wary of Pre Pay for business reasons, and
given the current business structure of the railways it shouldn't
surprise anyone that they look at things from this perspective. Some
day I'll kick of a thread with some further thoughts on the TOCs
aversion to Pre Pay, but this thread is not the right forum for such
considered thoughts as the temperature is a little too hot with
indignation!

The principle with the equivalent bus day tickets, which cover several
operators and several counties, is that the issuing company keeps the
revenue, and swings and roundabouts sort the whole thing out.

Trying to account for every journey and allocating revenue would be an
impossible task. Well, maybe not impossible, but nobody has found he
need to do it so far.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society