Old October 5th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Fares

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:54:11 +0100, "TKD" wrote:

Otherwise don't bother - pay the higher price - the structure has
obviously been designed to penalise those not from London or the
very stupid and it will subsidise the costs for the rest of us.

I see this as well. I don't consider it appropriate.

(I am not putting up barriers to me getting an Oyster - I don't need
one as I always travel to London on outboundary ODTCs, be they of the
peak or off-peak variety. I am merely objecting to the offensively
expensive fares).

Precisely. I mostly travel in on day returns to King's Cross and cycle
so TfL get none of my money. Other times I get one day travelcards. The
extra over a day return on those has rocketed since I started working in
London in late 2001 from 60p to £1.65 (with Network Card discount) and
will no doubt go up yet again next year.

But then there are times I stay overnight in Putney, as I will on
Friday. Then I either cycle from King's Cross to Westminster and from
Westminster to Putney and back or pay for single tickets on top of a
Saver return to Underground Zones 1 & 2.

--
Colin Rosenstiel