Old October 7th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Default New Fares

Instead, they copped out and introduced unreasonably high single
fares.

For those stupid enough not to use Oyster.

Exactly. Anyone foolish enough to pay £3 instead of £1 for their journey
has no right to complain. (A single outside Zone1 from 2006)

People not from London can stop complaining too. Londoners deserve
cheaper fares, in fact we pay in part for the costs of the Underground
through our council tax so I'm perfectly happy to no longer subsidise
tourists and visitors who, for whatever reason, do not adopt Oyster.

And finally the people in London but on National Rail routes who claim
to be excluded. What rubbish - are you telling me you never use the bus?
Get an Oyster card and you can start saving when you do. You don't even
pay tube level fares when you do use the train. Point to point fares are
often much less than zonal fares. Those routes that are charged at LUL
rates are the same routes that went over to Oyster prepay in the first place
anyway. And why focus your anger at TfL or Ken like the Evening Standard
or the Daily Mail instructed you to? Lobby the train companies!!