Old October 9th 05, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Routes in london crossing without any interchange

TheOneKEA wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

The point where the NLL crosses the Central Line, which is about
300 metres east of North Acton station, is in the middle of Acton
Wells Junction, an absolutely crucial point in the freight
network. Any station on the NLL would have to be north or south
of the junction, and that puts it quite a distance from North
Acton, so it rather scuppers the idea of a convenient interchange.

Not necessarily. You could always build the station on the bridge...

As I said, that's in the middle of the junction. The link to the GWML is
south of the bridge over the Central Line, and the links to the WCML and
the WLL are north of it. It's also about 200 metres from the nearest
road. Reconstructing that lot to put a station on the bridge without
buggering up the freight services might be possible but would be hugely
expensive and unjustifiable.
--
Richard J.