Old September 2nd 03, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Exact Fare Only

CJG wrote the following in:

In message
,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
Never had a problem with my credit cards in LU ticket machines. My
main problem is that they won't sell child fares which is a
problem when accompanied by my children, especially at stations
with ludicrous queues like King's Cross.

This is of course because LU are worried adults may be naughty and
buy a child ticket instead of an adult one.

Have you any idea how many people do that? It's extremely common you
know.

Of course these kind of people just stroll through the open gates

Open gates are not common or consistent enough to rely on.

or just follow someone else through the gate.

Hard to do.

Instead of making life hard for the people who actually do buy
tickets. Maybe they should actually check the ticket on the trains
(or if the trains are too busy on the platforms while people are
waiting for trains).

If they did that, I suspect you'd complain that there were lazy and
useless LU staff on the platforms when they should be either licking
your boots or doing something else that you consider more important.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.