Old September 2nd 03, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Exact Fare Only

On 2 Sep 2003 10:12:21 GMT Robin May wrote:
}
} or just follow someone else through the gate.
}
} Hard to do.

Not that hard. A while back some suited type tried to tail-gate behind
me at Farringdon. Had I walked out of the gate as normal he'd have
succeeded. As it was I stopped dead and the gate closed on him.

What really offended me was his expression of outrage which prompted me
to say "Buy a ticket". He didn't like being thought a freeloader and
started blustering about having a ticket. If so why did he attempt it?

Matthew
--
Záhid sharáb píné dé, masjid mein baith kar
ya woh jagah batá dé jahán Khudá na ho.