Old September 2nd 03, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Central Line To Close (again)

Robin May wrote in message .. .
That would be unfortunate, if only because the 1992 stock seems to have
become the face of the tube. By that I mean that when there's a picture
or model of a tube train it's 1992 stock, and when there's a drawing of
a tube train it usually most closely resembles 1992 stock.

Didn't they use the 83 stock for that too?

Personally I'd miss the 92 stock too , its got far and away the best
acceleration of any trains on the underground (why the 95/96 stocks are
still so sluggish is anyones guess) and I like the large window area
which gives a nice airy feeling. But if its that unreliable....

B2003