Old September 2nd 03, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Central Line To Close (again)

Boltar wrote:
Robin May wrote in message
.. .
That would be unfortunate, if only because the 1992 stock seems to
have become the face of the tube. By that I mean that when there's
a picture or model of a tube train it's 1992 stock, and when
there's a drawing of a tube train it usually most closely
resembles 1992 stock.

Didn't they use the 83 stock for that too?

Personally I'd miss the 92 stock too , its got far and away the
best acceleration of any trains on the underground (why the 95/96
stocks are still so sluggish is anyones guess)

There is something to be said for trains that don't accelerate so fiercely
that motors fall off or things get cracked. It's also unpleasant when
seated sideways.

and I like the large window area which gives a nice airy feeling.

i.e. acts like a mobile greenhouse in summer (modern buses suffer too from
this obsession with large areas of glass and no aircon).
--
Richard J.