Old October 13th 05, 05:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Northern Line suspended

In message .com,
writes

Indeed the 95 and 96 stocks still use the rope reset, as do the D
stocks. The C stocks have a push-button reset. Not sure about the
others.

It's no problem simply pulling on the rope to reset the tripcock.
After all, it's (hopefully) not that often that it should need to be
used!

I've never seen the news due to working, but I'm not sure how the rope
could be the problem.

According to the report, the ropes have been replaced with ones that are
several millimetres too thick. I presume they are therefore getting
stuck, making it very difficult to reset the tripcock.

--
Paul Terry