Old October 13th 05, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MetroGnome MetroGnome is offline

Default Northern Line suspended

wrote:

I've never seen the news due to working, but I'm not sure how the rope
could be the problem. This is only used for resetting the tripcock.
As I understand it, the tripcock wasn't activating when hit by the
trainstop which is the problem?

I have heard that the problem is that trains *are* being tripped, but are
then immediately resetting themselves without any manual intervention. The
thickness of the reset rope could well influence this. Just rumour, though,
at present.

MetroGnome