Old October 13th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Northern Line suspended

R.C. Payne wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Brian Watson
writes

Just heard on BBC London this morning that service is still
suspended.

:-(

According to TfL this is now due to signalling problems affecting
the entire Northern line.

LU have been blaming the tripcock problem on the "signalling
system" from the start.

You seem to be implying this is in accurate.

Primarily I was correcting the misleading impression given by the word
"now".

I would say that the tripcock system is part of the signalling
system just as much as any set of lights, cables or signalboxes
(or whatever LU call them). Just because this part of the system
is train and not track mounted, doesn't make it any less part of
the signalling system.

I can almost agree with that. However, LU are now saying that the
suspension is in force "while work to modify safety equipment on
Northern line trains is carried out", which is much clearer.
--
Richard J.