Old October 17th 05, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default New Fares

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:04:29 +0100, Laurence Payne
wrote:

There is a data protection issue here, isn't there. The collection of
name and address is for different purposes (e.g. returning a lost Oyster
to you, mailshots) from the collection of data about journeys made
(making better service provision). It might be illegal to bring the two
together. If you are really worried, I suggest you ask them explicitly.

You can be tracked all over the place by several means. Mobile
'phone, security cameras plus face recognition, credit card use ..
doubtless more I haven't thought of and more to come in the future.

Indeed, and this is to be resisted wherever possible. You have not
convinced me why I should volunteer to report my every movement to the
GLA.