Old October 18th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Jon D Jon D is offline

Default False name & address on Oyster - any problems?

I don't much like the idea of the Oystercard people being able to
look up each and every journey I ever make by tube.

I've nothing to hide and I don't seek complete anonymity. But I do
think this is too much of an invasion of my privacy.

Can someone here help me with my questions:

---

(1) Is it possible to buy an Oystercard with a false name/address
and have no problems when I use it on account of the false details?

(2) Presumably refunds get credited direct to the Oystercard (if I
phone customer services) so there is no need for my postal address.

(3) Is there anything of importance which Oyster would ever need to
send to my postal address?