Old October 18th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Route 13 Routemasters

" typed

Yes, Chris, but let me give you an example of when "via points" might
be very useful:

Someone in Fulham wanting to get to Hammersmith Broadway might find it
ueful to know that both the 295 and 391 go via Hammersmith Broadway
when waiting for a bus at, say Fulham Broadway, albeit they use
different roads to get there. If there are no "via points" displayed,
then someone who is told to get the 295 to Hammersmith would let the
391 go past, since there is no way for that person (admittedly, unless
they are standing at the bus stop for long enough to read the panels)
to know that this bus will pass there.

There are three bus routes from Brent Cross Shopping Centre to Archway
Station, leaving from two widely-separated stops. They take *vastly*
divergent routes. I suspect few people take the full route on the 143 or
the C11 but might do so on the 210 (which goes on to Finsbury Park)...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.