Old October 18th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
John of Aix John of Aix is offline

Default False name & address on Oyster - any problems?

elyob wrote:
"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jon D wrote:
I don't much like the idea of the Oystercard people being able to
look up each and every journey I ever make by tube.

There was a sign up at Liverpool St on Friday saying "Oyster - now no
need to register". No idea of how that works in practice, though.

You just pay for the card. Only thing for giving them your name &
address is that you can reclaim any lost credit if lost.

Anyway, what's the worries, they've got billions of cameras all over
the place recording your every move.

True but not quite the same. How much easier it would be to trace a
Londoner in his movements on public transport via a ticket machine and
his Oyster card use than have to pick him out from millions of reels of
video.