Old October 19th 05, 07:06 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Richard Collier Richard Collier is offline

Default False name & address on Oyster - any problems?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Barry Salter wrote:
(1) Is it possible to buy an Oystercard with a false name/address
and have no problems when I use it on account of the false
details?

As long as you don't want a monthly or longer season ticket, there
is no
need to register.

I bought a monthly bus pass recently from a tube station. I wanted
be able to lend it to my partner, so I asked if I could get it
without
registering the Oyster card. Although ideally they would have liked
me
to, they said that was okay and I now have a fully transferable
monthly
bus pass. According to 'Fares & Tickets' I shouldn't really have
been
able to buy this though.

and every time you give it to your partner you ad she and breaking the
law and stealing from those of us who think that paying your way is
right and of course also stealing from every council tax-payer in
London.

Can revenue protection inspectors bring up your name and address on
their readers, from info stored on the Oyster card? Does this fill
the
role of the photocards which used to be required? I suppose even if
they could, there's no requirement for anyone to carry proof of
identity anyway.

Dominic