Old September 3rd 03, 01:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
I@n I@n is offline

Default Exact Fare Only

Robin May wrote:
CJG wrote the following in:

In message
,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
Never had a problem with my credit cards in LU ticket machines. My
main problem is that they won't sell child fares which is a
problem when accompanied by my children, especially at stations
with ludicrous queues like King's Cross.

This is of course because LU are worried adults may be naughty and
buy a child ticket instead of an adult one.

Have you any idea how many people do that? It's extremely common you
know.

Why don't they just program the machines so that child tickets can only be
purchased with an adult ticket, when a credit card has been selected as
payment method. Genuine children who are on their own would be paying cash
anyway since they are too young to hold a credit card.