Old October 22nd 05, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Can I buy an Oyster reader?

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:28:21 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

"TKD" typed

So, what happens if the Bus card-reader is broken, and the driver
waves you on - happens a couple of times per month on the routes that
I use (308, 678). Take it I should insist on paying cash?

You can add the 8, 277 & 15 to that list and countless more probably.

And 302 & 305...

The official TfL position is that you should pay the cash fare and request
a refund of the price difference from them...

Unless you were capped that day in which case you would be entitled to
a full refund.

Or if that journey was the last one that day and took you past a cap then
you would get a refund of any extra you paid in total beyond the cap.

Not a very elegant solution.

Time-consuming above the line of duty IMHO...

Not that a punter's time *ever* counts for anything. I wonder how many
hours' work are lost because punters try phoning their
Council/bank/doctor/hospital and are put on 'hold' for ages or have to
redial 20 times to get through?

Technically none, because they should be phonig in their own time, not
their employer's.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/