Old October 22nd 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Howdon David Howdon is offline

Default Can I buy an Oyster reader?

Barry Salter wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:56:14 +0100, Laurence Payne
wrote:

I'd further suggest that she was given the option of paying the £20
Penalty Fare, declined to do so, failed to pay within 21 days, and
*that* is why TfL are taking her to Court.

Must admit that if I thought I had paid[1] I'd refuse to pay the penalty
fare as well. I suspect TfL rely to some extent on the fact that a lot
of people would pay up rather than fight it.

[1] and unlike on the tube where the gates stay shut if you have pressed
the card properly on the buses you cannot tell easily (I think there
might be a coloured light on the reader)

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.