Old October 22nd 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default How bendy is a bendy bus?

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:22:28 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

Is it bendy enough to make the left turn from New Oxford Street into
Charing Cross Road, and the turns between Charing Cross Road and
Shaftesbury Avenue? Oh, and the left turn into Piccadilly too?

I have seen a route 25 bendy turn round under Centre point so it managed
the first of your turns. On another group it has been confirmed that a
bendies and other long buses and coaches can successfully turn into the
Piccadilly Bus Lane.

I ask as the 38 converts to bendy operation soon, and I'll be interested
to see how easily (or not) they can make those movements...

There are plenty of artics around and about training over the 38 route
corridor and I've not heard of one jamming up central London because it
couldn't make a turn. All routes are carefully surveyed and trial
vehicles are used early on to test if the proposed vehicle is suitable.
--
Paul C