Old October 22nd 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How bendy is a bendy bus?

In article , (Dave
Arquati) wrote:

Tom Page wrote:
Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Dave
Arquati) wrote:

Is it bendy enough to make the left turn from New Oxford Street
into Charing Cross Road, and the turns between Charing Cross Road
and Shaftesbury Avenue? Oh, and the left turn into Piccadilly too?

I ask as the 38 converts to bendy operation soon, and I'll be
interested to see how easily (or not) they can make those
movements...
You didn't mention the problems bendies on the 73 already have
getting into New Oxford Street from Bloomsbury Street.

I must say I'm surprised not to have seen a bendy on trials on the
38 route yet.

I have seen exactly this - on Wednesday 19th there were a number of
bendy-buses without destination blinds that seemed to be following
the 38's route.

Ah! Thanks. Missed them. What sort of time of day? I do remember seeing
bendy trials on the 73.

Did you see them squish anyone at St Giles' / Cambridge / Piccadilly
Circuses?

Incidentally, I'm not dead set against bendy buses, but I do wonder
about the practicalities of running them on some of the "tighter"
routes.

Isn't the point on the 38 to replace large numbers of Routemasters with
a lot fewer bendies, as on the 73?

--
Colin Rosenstiel