Old October 23rd 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Burnt Oak today

Arrived at 14:45. I have a Disabled Person's Freedom Pass, partner has
PrePay Oyster which needed topping up soon.

Quickfare machine: Closed
Large ticket machine: Closed

Ticket Office: Closed

All three gates are locked open and display a red X No entry.

Partner cannot top up Oyster.

Had to 'Touch In' on validator by buggy gate, which is none too obvious.

I am unimpressed!

It would have been far too easy for him to have an Incomplete Journey
(or rather, you really have to *know* where and how to Touch in and
Touch Out.

Can't TfL make it easier?

At about 19.30, I entered Golders Green for my return jouney. Some poor
chap was arguing with ticket staff there that he couldn't get a ticket
for his journey. I wondered whether he'd com from Burnt Oak. I hope he
wasn't PFed...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.