Old October 25th 05, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
JamesB JamesB is offline

Default Red lights in Criclewood, Harrow and elsewhere

"Fod" wrote in message
ups.com...

John Rowland wrote:
I have noticed that a number of traffic lights have long phases late at
night.

I've seen a lot of tempary ones that work fine during the day but oddly
seem to get fixed to red at night when the workers have gone home. I'd
suspect they can be setup by the workers with whatever delay is
required and kids sometimes can get in and fiddle with em.

There was one near me that was red from friday night to midday sunday
before the police noticed/were informed and turned it off.

If I can see to the other side of those temp ones (often they are for all of
about 10 metres) I'll go through them anyway (if its clear) same as
overtaking a parked bus really! Bloody things...