Old October 26th 05, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Can I buy an Oyster reader?

James Farrar typed

A deeper 'uh-oh' sound, as featured on many quiz shows, might be more
effective...

We asked 100 people if your Oystercard was valid, and our survey
said...

I rest my case. I genuinely think an 'uh-oh' sound might wake both
passenger and driver. The current sounds are not effective this way.

I'm genuinely concerned that when/if the £50 Penalty Fare is introduced,
some people might get tripped up unawares.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.