Old October 26th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Red lights in Cricklewood, Harrow and elsewhere

Richard J. wrote in
:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"Richard J." typed

Likewise, cyclists whose machines do not trigger sensors are not
obliged to die of exposure for that reason.

Cyclists can always dismount and walk across the junction.

It is still an offence to pass the stop line whilst wheeling a
bicycle though.

Really? I thought if you wheeled a bicycle you became a pedestrian,
as with a shopping trolley.

Anyway, if you wheel your bicycle past the stop line on the pavement,
surely you count as a pedestrian then?

It's certainly not an offence to wheel a bike the wrong way down a one-way
street: there's a cycle route in the centre of the town where I live which
signposts cyclists to do this - with big "Cyclists must dismount" signs.

Having said this, the National Trust have prohibited cyclists from wheeling
or even carrying (not riding) their bikes along a footpath through the
grounds of Quarry Bank Mill in Cheshire, and Oxford University bans bicycles
(even if wheeled or carried) from University Park and Christ Church Meadow,
so it looks as if a person pushing a bike doesn't *totally* become a
pedestrian!