Old October 26th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default New fares from 2 January 2006 - pdf

wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...06-leaflet.pdf

The Family Travelcard, Tube Carnet, Single zone Travelcard seasons
and some New Deal tickets are being withdrawn. But a less obvious
disappearance is Oyster Prepay. It's now referred to as 'pay as you
go'!

That's crazy! It's not pay as you go, it's pay *before* you go.
Pre-Pay was a good name which accurately described the concept of paying
in advance for a number of journeys, as distinct from paying for each
journey in cash, which *is* pay-as-you-go. I suppose they're trying to
hide the fact that they will get lots of money up front, but in changing
the name they have just made the whole Oyster concept more difficult to
understand. I feel an e-mail to TfL coming on.
--
Richard J.