Old October 27th 05, 07:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default The Thameslink Planning Enquiry

In message . com, at
22:36:30 on Wed, 26 Oct 2005, D7666 remarked:
I think you'll find it's at the somewhat earlier stage of "thinking
about maybe applying for planning permission to..."

But a bit later than that as it is past the thinking stage and is at
the have decided to apply stage.

Application to be made "late next year". To me that means they are
flying a kite now to see what reaction they get, before making up their
mind exactly what to apply for.

Seems a tight timescale to me as there will be lots of objections to
it.

Their most recent expansion seems like a real dogs breakfast. Took ages
and I'm not sure quite what improvement it made. Same old cramped
baggage hall, and the walk to the gate involved a trip upstairs and back
down again - what was that all about?