Old October 29th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Route 38 Routemaster last day

Mark Etherington wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
For those fans of the Routemaster, Route 38 or those who wish to sample
the last really large scale RM operation in London then the last day is
this Friday 28 October 2005.

There will be a fair sprinkling of additional special vehicles running
too. Details via www.lots.org.uk and click on 38 / 159 button.

Then retire to The Old Red Lion for a celebration of the Number 38.

http://www.oldredliontheatre.co.uk/tlml/pubevents

--
Mark Etherington

Just a quick word of thanks to all those who made the last day of
Routemasters on the route 38 on Friday such a memorable occasion.

My abiding memory, apart from a lovely journey on RMF1254 (the first
time I had travelled on this fine bus - complete with Sung yellow
ceilings and red moquette seats!) - will the the utter astonishment and
disappointment expressed by every single "non enthusiast" to whom I
spoke, that they are losing their Routemasters. The hordes of "ordinary
people", for whose views Ken Livingstone, Peter Hendy-Bendy and their
cohorts do not give a fig. The "ordinary" people of London being so
badly served by their "elected" representatives. They should all hang
their heads in shame like the monstrous morons (Ken's phrase, not
mine!) they are.

And the best of luck to all the staff (still so freindly and helpful to
the last) from Clapton Garage who will lose their jobs as a result of
this "progress".

Marc.