Old October 29th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
burkey burkey is offline

Default Major Incident at Headstone Lane

Clive wrote:
In message , Paul Corfield
writes
It was a fatality. I've not seen an explanation as to whether it was a
suicide attempt or not.

If it was a suicide, then attempt is not the word I'd chose.
--
Clive

From the Harrow Observer Thurs. 27/10/05

RAILWAY DEATH

A man died after being hit by a train near Headstone Lane station in
Hatch End on Tuesday night. The man, who has not been named, was
walking across the tracks with a friend when he was struck by a train
at 9.55pm. He was taken to hospital, but died soon after from his
injuries. His friend was unhurt but was being treated for shock. A
British Transport Police spokesman said that it appeared the men had
been trespassing on the tracks and trying to use them as a shortcut.
They are not treating the death as suspicious.

Burkey