Old October 29th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Howdon David Howdon is offline

Default Can I buy an Oyster reader?

Dave Newt wrote:

An annoying bug (well, I consider it one) is that if you have a season
ticket on Oyster, PLUS some pre-pay (for paying out-of-zone extensions
automatically), then the gate does NOT tell you when your season is due
to expire.

However, if you JUST have the season, then it does tell you "Tkt 1 Nr
Expiry" (or similar).

In the latter scenario, you know when your season ticket is due to
expire, and can buy a new one.

In the former scenario, it doesn't tell you the season is about to run
out, and eats away at your Pre-Pay without telling you until it runs out.

I know when my season ticket is to expire (despite having some prepay
credit on the card) because
a) I know when I bought it and it expires 1 year later
b) the Gold Record Card that comes with it also contains the expiry date.

Do shorter period cards not also have this information printed or do you
not get a record card for shorter period seasons?

Is there not a way this could be fixed?

How many people have difficulty remembering. If it is costly to fix I
cannot see it being worth doing.

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.