Old October 29th 05, 11:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Harry Spencer Harry Spencer is offline

Default Route 38 Routemaster last day

"JMUpton2000" securitynovels @ freeuk.com wrote in message
eenews.net...

Lowest point of the day (apart from my fourth and last run to Museum

Street
again!) was the pratt in the parcel company van who pulled in onto double
yellows in the middle of Piccadilly alongside the bus lane and wrecked the
one decent camera angle view just as a whole line of RMLs and RTs was
approaching.

To be honest, there were a lot of people with cameras (this is not directed
at you personally) who thought they had the ultimate right to get 'their
shot' and nothing else mattered. To me, people, vehicles etc., that are
visible or prevent 100% visibility of the thing you are photographing only
add to the image - they help make it real. A couple of the nicest photos I
got have actually got people 'in the way' some might say, but they actually
give a nice dose of reality.

Well done to one and all on a memorable event. Sadly I will not be able to
attend the last day of the 159 (As it is all being ditched by lunchtime,

no
doubt amid a lunatic media frenzy) I feel there may not be much point
anyway.

I think effectively splitting the end of the 159 across two days is a very
sensible decision. Certainly more sensible than the decision to end their
use.

I did take a ride to Museum Street on the 38 on Saturday as well, front

seat
in the Bendy as well. Oh dear....

If anyone can explain the logic in replacing a seventy seater vehicle with

forty nine seater vehicle (less than that with standing passengers in the
way so you cannot get to them in reality) and expecting the majority to
stand (up to a 100!) is beyond me. Since when had making the vast

majority
of your passengers stand all the way been an 'improvement'? At least the

8
went over to proper double deckers!

The ASA have already agreed it is not an improvement, hence the replacement
tag line on TfL literature. No longer getting better from every angle!