Old October 30th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
thoss thoss is offline

Default About West London Tram

In article . com,
MartyJ writes
The whole West London Tram scheme is dead in the water, so much
opposition exists to the scheme in West London that I cannot personally
see it happenning in the forseeable future. I suspect the scheme will be
dropped on cost grounds as the benefits behind the whole scheme are
pretty limited and cost have been escalating.

Would that it were so. Unfortunately it is being pushed by Ken L, and
he doesn't seem to pay much attention to public opinion.

Incidentally, what is the latest cost estimate? The last figure I saw
was £648 m, but that was probably a year ago. I imagine it must be
nearing £1 bn, which means that if it were ever built it would probably
cost not far short of £3bn - of your and my money.
--
Thoss