Old October 30th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Bradley David Bradley is offline

Default About West London Tram

OK, I take your postings to mean that you are in favour of the tramway scheme.
To understand your point of view please confirm you have no vested interest in
the project other than a potential user of the tramway. I would then be
interested to hear why you feel that such a huge investment should be made and
what you perceive to be the benefits of the tramway. Are you not in the least
bit concerned at the loss of unique shopping outlets and the demolition of
generally architecturally interesting and sound buildings that still have many
years of useful life?

David Bradley

On 30 Oct 2005 12:56:20 -0800, "Boltar" wrote:

Would that it were so. Unfortunately it is being pushed by Ken L, and
he doesn't seem to pay much attention to public opinion.

Public opinion it seems to me is generally in favour. Its more
a case of a load of standard issue Nimbies down the bottom end
whinging about it because it might make driving Jemima 500
yards to school a bit harder. For the people of Southall and
onwards to Uxbridge it would be a godsend given the
generally lousy public transport in that corridor.

B2003