Old September 4th 03, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
simon simon is offline

Default Oystercard office

"Ed Crowley" wrote in message

"Robin May" wrote in message
Why on earth is the Oystercard office in the Republic of Ireland? I
just sent a form off to them and was quite surprised when I saw the
address was in County Donegal.

Cheaper labour and plentiful EU grants?

The Old "Travelcard Online" company was always based in Rep. Of Ireland.
The ticket however was always sent from an address in Northern Ireland.

BTW, be careful if you are sending applications (+ charter vouchers) to
them. Firstly, postage needs to be increased to a Europe/Ireland amount. I
had a letter returned as my colleague sent it as UK mail.

Secondly, if you are sending charter vouchers - send it registered.
Ticketline/Royal Mail managed to lose one application which contained £42 of
vouchers, my own fault I suppose, but Ticketline were not interested in
compensating me.