Old September 4th 03, 06:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Tube Info

In message , Richard J.
writes
All I'm saying is that if you've managed to get to (any) university,
obtained a good maths degree and then a post-graduate computer science
qualification, you are very likely to have the sort of mind that will
cope easily with the problem of an unplanned diversion on a journey in
an unfamiliar network.

Its funny I use to work with a load of people with degree's. And taking
the hard route with no education and working my way up I got up to their
level and beyond. And when I got there I realised that I was far more
intelligent and knowledgeable than the rest of them. And then I realised
the horror that a certain amount of people in offices with degree's
don't have common sense. . Your find these the kind of people doing
stupid stuff like trying to get on the train before anyone can get off,
and come through the entrance to the platform and wait for the train
right by the entrance causing everyone else having to squeeze by.
I think the only people who truly understand the tube map are ones with
a bit of common sense. And I can guarantee you with experience that a
maths degree or computer science degree doesn't not guarantee you the
person has common sense.
--
CJG