Old November 1st 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David B David B is offline

Default How bendy is a bendy bus?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
The speed of movement of bendy buses is highly dependent on the skill of
the driver. When a route is newly converted you will see a lot of
hesitation as familiarity with the vehicles is low. However I have been
in some well driven bendy buses on the 73 and they can be fairly hustled
along and around the route with no discomfort and full safety. There are
some very tight turns on the 73 and to experience an 18m bus piloted
skillfully is impressive.
--
Paul C

I will have a look at the Neomans later. I haven't driven an artic, but I
understand that compared with a normal bus, they are limited round very
tight corners. The Volvo type of artic only allows limited engine power to
be developed while turning sharply to avoid any possible jack knifing. The
436 I followed from New Cross was running light to Lewisham. It was quite
quick in a straight line, but when going round corners, it really slowed up,
where a B7TL would be spun round!