Old November 2nd 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Commuter Travel

In message .com, at
04:44:27 on Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Mizter T remarked:
I used to listen to the R4 "today" programme for the hour I drove to
work, and "PM"/"6-O-Clock News" on the way home.

My travel patterns vary but I've listened to both Today and PM whilst
commuting (I hate that word!) without the need for a car... there's
this great invention called a personal radio! Sony make some really
tiny (cigarette-lighter sized) FM personal radios. Obviously no good
for any subterranean travel though.

It's much more effort to listen to the radio whilst buffeted around on a
commuter train, and getting to and from the station, compared to sitting
in a comfortable car.

I find John Humphries a bit of an assault on my senses in the morning,
as I'm rarely fully conscious then, but I rate Eddie Mair's wry style
and the varied content of PM very highly. Alas 5pm is a bit early,
though I sometimes catch it whilst still working.

Yes, I only listened to PM from about 5.45pm most days.