Old November 4th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.thames-valley
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Commute from Harrow to Marlow

In message , at 12:10:05 on
Fri, 4 Nov 2005, AstraVanMan
remarked:
I've often been held up in a two lane jam all the way up the hill to the
M40 from the Marlow junction. The OP should consider other ways to get
from Marlow to the M40, if possible! It might even be quicker to go down
to the M4 and east as far as J3, then north through Yeading and Northolt.

Why? That's absolute lunacy.

Using "main" roads it would almost certainly reduce the journey time.

The road up past Marlow Bottom (Wycombe Road)
is a very easy and hassle-free way to get up to Handy Cross.

Sounds fine, I've not tried that rat run, but thanks for alerting me to
it - I will next time I'm there!