Old November 5th 05, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Al Holmes Al Holmes is offline

Default DLR City Airport Extension

On 4 Nov 2005 01:22:10 -0800, "ROBSM" wrote:

Does anyone know what the opening date for the new DLR extension is
yet? Im looking forward to taking my kids to Thames Barrier Park on it.

Rob Smith

The date I'd heard was Thursday 15th December, however a new timetable
will be launched in Friday 18th November - presumably this will be the
timetable that includes running to LCY. My guess is that from 18 Nov
trains will run empty between Canning Town and King George V, with
passenger service introduced mid-December.

When the Lewisham extension opened, passenger running was introduced
without fanfare mid-morning on a Saturday. The press & VIP opening
was two days later.

Al Holmes