Old November 8th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default First Class in the South East

Paul Scott wrote:
"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message ,
Paul Scott writes

There is no first class on the Windsor service though,. The
first class sections are declassified, and usually quite empty,
because the majority of
passengers don't realise this.

Ah yes, you're right - but I think Reading trains on the same line
still have first class (thus adding yet further to the confusion,
since if you get on somewhere like Richmond you don't tend to
think about whether the train started from Reading or Windsor).

--
Paul Terry

I wonder if it is a result of the Desiro 450 order being changed?
Perhaps the other Desiros would have been single class. As it is
there must be a number of routes where 450s are used on non first
class services, I wonder if anyone knows of any others? I'm sure
some of the services through Fareham are shown on the timetable
posters as not having first class, but all the actual units used
have the seating now...

I wonder if use of Desiros on the Hounslow Loop services is temporary
pending refurbishment of all the (standard class only) 455s. Hope not!
--
Richard J.