Old September 5th 03, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

In article , (David H
Wild) wrote:

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In article , David H Wild
writes
I've not seen anything that suggested that the second failure was a
consequence of the first.

The National Grid press release says that the second fault was "the
backup failing". So I suppose the cable that failed after 7 seconds
was already broken, but no-one had noticed. Until it came to be used.

Whether you regard that failure as something you might describe as a
"consequence" of being put into use after the first fault or not, is
merely playing with words.

It's still very different from what happened in North America. Although
New York itself had power back on in less than a day, some places were
without power for two or three days.

12 hours for my brother-in-law in St Mary's Ontario.

--
Colin Rosenstiel