Old November 10th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] kajr@mwfree.net is offline

Default TfL's latest scam - charging twice for a bus journey

Paul Corfield wrote:

This has been debated at very great length on Yahoo groups recently.

You don't need to rescan. The driver of the bus being terminated should
provide a transfer / inspectors ticket. This is then presented to the
driver of the bus you are getting on to as it is a record of
transactions on the terminating bus. If this happens again and the
ticket is not offered voluntarily then insist on one being provided. A
pain I know but at least you know what to request. And yes it should be
advertised and made clear to passengers.

I would complain to the Oyster help desk to get your two extra £1 trips
refunded. This is a failure of procedure by the bus driver. If you get
nowhere fast - and I have no reason to expect that you won't get your
money refunded - I would raise this issue with TfL Customer Services.
If that does not deal with the issue then refer it to the LTUC.
--
Paul C

There is a thread on uk.railway about the justification of TOC's
wacking on huge admin fees on refunds so don't forget to wack on a huge
admin fee of your own.

Kevin