Old November 10th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default "All That Might Heart"

I treated myself to a copy of this DVD in the Beaulah series from the LT
Museum Shop yesterday.

I haven't watched the other films on the disc yet but "All That Mighty
Heart" is excellent and if you have even a passing interest in London
Transport (or indeed in 20th century London) you'll love it. It's just
*so* much in period: neatly-dressed commuters, young newly-wed couple in
a New Town (Stevenage), chirpy bus and train crews, London closing down
at midnight (!), Jack de Manio, Raymond Baxter. You'd have to have a
heart of stone not to be moved by it if you have (as I do) even only
misty childhood recollections of the era.

(But then I loved the "Underground Maps Since Beck" book, so that might
worry some of you here!)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK