Old November 10th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default First Class in the South East

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , James Farrar
writes
AFAIK there are no first class fares available along that route, and
certainly not for my part of it.

Does that, therefore, mean that I am entitled to sit in the "First
Class" area with my Z1-3 Annual?

It's nothing to do with what fares are available.

Check the timetables. If they show first class is available on a service,
you need a first class ticket to sit in first class. If they show it as
standard class only, you can sit anywhere on the train with a standard
class ticket, irrespective of what the seating is like.

Is this stated officially anywhere? I have heard this rule mentioned in this
group many times but I can't find any reference to it in the Conditions of
Carriage.

Peter Smyth