Old November 10th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default Zone 6 conquers ten further Southern stations...

Chris Read wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote:

I'm surprised that no-one has referred to this yet, though it doesn't
seem to appear anywhere on the Southern (or any other) website(s).

I've seen a poster at a Southern station, which has been there at least
a week, that states that from 2 January 2006, when new fares are
introduced, the London's Zone 6 will be extended to include the
following stations to the south of Croydon and Sutton:

Banstead and Epsom Downs
Chipstead, Kingswood, Tadworth and Tattenham Corner

What's the logic in extending Z6 to Epsom Downs and Tattenham Corner, but
not to Epsom? Are there particular difficulties caused by Southern 'sharing
the flow' from Epsom with SWT?

Chris

The south west extended zone 6 beyond Greater London many years ago, to
include Thames Ditton and Hampton Court, about the same time as the top
of the Hainault Loop, and well before Epping.

But I thought that might be because Hampton Court is an attraction in
London, served by a station in Surrey.