Old November 13th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Traffic Delays in Tottenham

Paul Corfield wrote:

I took a 123 from Wood Green to Tottenham Hale around 14:30 which ended up
being diverted from Bruce Grove up to Northumberland Park then back to
Tottenham Hale.

Goodness - a long way round for a short cut.

Looking at the map I guess this was the most appropriate route. I think the
318 (but only a single decker) goes down Dowsett Road but no easy route
from there to Tottenham Hale. I assume London Buses have approved
diversionary routes for emergencies?

At least that meant you could have a Wood Green to Walthamstow service
albeit with the 123/230 running in 2 parts joining up at Tottenham Hale.
Most other routes like the 41 and W4 were being turned round at Tottenham
Swan.

I dread to think what state routes like the 149 and 279 were in.

Tottenham High Road was grid locked about 17:00.

I can imagine. The effect of this closure probably stretched for miles
as from experience it doesn't take much for this sort of thing to reach
almost to the City (via Dalston) and Camden. Forest Road in Walthamstow
was noticeably busy heading west.

All seemed to be back to normal today...

--
Phil Richards
London, UK