Old September 7th 03, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default thankfully no motorways in Islington!

In article ,
(Robin May) wrote:

(nmtop40) wrote the following in:
om

Actually, one thing that sleeping policemen cause me to do is
drive in the middle of the road instead of the left hand side.

This is on the roads where there are 3 of them, and the one on the
left-hand side is obscured by parked vehicles, so I have to drive
over the middle one.

There's a road near me where the speed bumps (which are of the two
separate hump variety) are practically unnoticeable if you drive over
the middle of them between the two humps. As a result, everyone drives
over the middle of them (and therefore in the middle of the road) at
30mph.

Until a car is coming the other way, when they slow down, as intended.

--
Colin Rosenstiel