Old November 13th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default First Class in the South East

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:01:47 +0000, Paul
said:

Funny you should mention the Windsor line. The Windsor & Eaton train
via Whitton I get each morning & evening has a first class carriage, but
there is no first class service available on the train. So anyone can
sit in 1st class, but I think most people don't know this...

If they're anything like the contract ticket inspectors that Southern
use, the staff don't know either. Occasionally you'll find one of
their goons standing in the gangway blocking off a supposedly first
class section of a train which the timetable claims is all standard
class, and keeping it empty despite the rest of the train not even
having any more room to stand in.

Thankfully, those trains always have spare seats at the stations I get
on and off at.