Old September 7th 03, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
df df is offline

Default thankfully no motorways in Islington!

Robin May wrote in message
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote the following in:

In article ,
(Robin May) wrote:

(nmtop40) wrote the following in:
om

Actually, one thing that sleeping policemen cause me to do is
drive in the middle of the road instead of the left hand side.

This is on the roads where there are 3 of them, and the one on
the left-hand side is obscured by parked vehicles, so I have to
drive over the middle one.

There's a road near me where the speed bumps (which are of the
two separate hump variety) are practically unnoticeable if you
drive over the middle of them between the two humps. As a result,
everyone drives over the middle of them (and therefore in the
middle of the road) at 30mph.

Until a car is coming the other way, when they slow down, as
intended.

Actually when a car is coming the other way the usual result is that
one car stays in the middle of the road while the other goes into their
side of the road to avoid the oncoming car. There is also the problem
that two sets of speed bumps are on corners with limited visibility.
This means that you'll often meet a car flying round the bend in the
middle of the road. Sound dangerous to you? It certainly looks it to
me.

--

If you decide to drive down the middle to avoid the speed bump peaks you are
more than likely to collide with an innocent car that is pulling out of a

How would you explain to your insurance company that you were driving down
the middle of the road to avoid the bumps so you could maintain the maximum
speed.

daveF